Monday, January 6, 2014

1.6.14

From: "Conner Ludlow" <conner.ludlow@myldsmail.net>
Sent: Monday, January 6, 2014 3:28:01 AM
Subject: GODT NYT ÅR!!

Happy 2014!!! Crazy right? New Year's here was absolutely insane. I miss America and all... but man Denmark absolutely destroys the states when it comes to New Year's. I thought it would just be a little more crazy... but it was nuts. We got to stay out until 1 in the morning with members and watch the fireworks... and I have never seen anything like it in my life. It was unbelievable. I took video that I will send back so you can see, but here are a couple of pictures. This was with the shutter open for just a couple seconds:
Inline image 1
Inline image 2
Inline image 3
And this was in the suburbs. You could kinda see the centrum downtown and it was just a white ball of fireworks. You'll have to wait to see the videos, you can kinda see it on there. But yeah, the whole sky was just filled in every direction with fireworks. Pretty impressive.
So after jumping into 2014 (literally, that's how they do it here. its a big thing) We had the most amazing week of my mission so far. We found 18 new investigators... For us that's huge! It was incredible. Families, couples, young people, just all of these fun, way cool, super solid people! It was amazing! We are beyond excited for the work in this area right now. So it was an awesome week, and this week is going to be just as busy meeting with all of them again and trying to contact a few people that we didn't get to this week because it was so crazy. So things are going really well in Silkeborg! I love it. If my faith needed a boost, this week sure gave it one. "Greenie fire" doesn't even have anything on our excitement after this week haha.
So it was an amazing week! I really look forward to this year. It's crazy to think that it will be a whole year on a mission in Denmark. But then again, with how fast 2013 went, who knows how fast this year will go! I'm really excited and looking forward to every second of it. It is the year 14 after all. That's a good number :) Have a great week everyone! I love you and miss you all! Happy 2014!
-Conner

P.S. Don't forget to tell my bro Preston happy B-Day! He turns 9 on Sunday! Love you Preston!



No comments:

Post a Comment